Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The last day of VBS seemed to be a little more emotional than the rest of the week. We played, sang, hugged and loved, but we all new in the back of our minds that we would be leaving them. I felt like a proud momma, as long as I was there they would be safe and I could take care of them, but when I was gone they would be alone. I knew they would be no more alone than when we got there, or for that matter while we were there, but somehow I felt as though we were abandoning them.
Romans 5:3-5
Not only so, but we also rejoyice in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


Matthew 5:3-6
Blessed are those poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness; for they shall be filled.

1 Peter 1:22-23
Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brother, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

At the end of the morning, we told them that we loved them, that we soon would be leaving and that we would never forget their beautiful faces, but more importantly that God loved them and that He would never leave them. I expected them to hug us, maybe even cry, and tell us that they didn’t want us to leave…
but they didn’t.

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Matthew 5:7-10
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let us reason together,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
Jeremiah 1:5-7
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations”. “Ah, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child,” but the Lord said to me, “Do not say I am only a child, you must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.
Matthew 10:37-39
Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me, and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is; Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.


Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.

Jeremiah 49:11
“Leave your orphans; I will protect their lives. Your widows too can trust in me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment